Monday, January 12, 2009

My new laptop!

I got myself a new laptop!!! Horrah! My trusty Dell inspiron 6400 has been a wonderful servant to me and thus may enjoy its retirement with my sister XD

Now its all about you babeh! My new Dell XPS M1530 laptop! Thanks dad!

I got a red 1 like the one in the pic, look nice huh! Its a special edition 1 which is under the dell product red promotion. They say that some of the money from the sale of the laptop will go into combat AIDS in Africa.

I love my new laptop but there are some pros and cons which I want to list out for those who are keen on buying an XPS laptop.

Pros,
  • Very good spec (Intel Centrino Duo T7250 2.0 Ghz)
  • Sleak design
  • Nice graphics (Geforce 8600GT)
  • Nice sound system for a laptop (at least better than my old laptop)
  • Cheap compared to other brands with the same spec.
Cons,
  • Problem with vendilation, probably its aluminium casing conducts heat (easily overheats)
  • Vista sucks big time (nice graphics but a bit on the laggy side, especially when I play my favourite dotA)
  • Too few usb ports (only 3)
  • the usb ports are located too close to the power cord (meaning you can't unplug your usb while holding it on the sides as 1 side is blocked by the power chord)

I think this laptop is really worth its price and is suitable for mid-range gaming. I'm going to give it an 85 out of 100. Like it or not, you're going to spend the next 3 years with me babeh XD

No comments: